Thursday 13 February 2014

Favourites: Skincare

I'm abit of a skincare freak, my family think I'm crazy because I'm always trying different products from shop bought to home made masks, but how will you know what's best for your skin if you never explore?!( that's my excuse anyway!). I have carefully chosen my top 5 skincare favourites which I couldn't live without and would cry if they discontinued (just kidding!!). I have tried many products over the years not realising that they were stripping my skin and making it breakout central! All the products mentioned below helped calm and clear my skin.


 
 



Alpha H Liquid Gold
This is an amazing skin resurfacing product, it claims to lighten scarring, sun damage and even help with fine lines, I use this every other day before bed with a cotton pad and wake up to a much brighter complexion, I credit this to lightening marks I had from previous blemishes. It does take time to diminish scarring so don't expect results overnight but do expect to wake up with noticeably brighter skin. On days when I use this I don't use a night moisturiser as it works better on its own.
 
 
Dr.Organics Moroccan Argan Oil

Next is this little gem, Dr. Organics Moroccan argan oil, I love this because its multi purpose you can use it on your face, hair, nails and body which is amazing. Argan oil has been around for centuries and famous for its skincare befits, its high in vitamin E which your skin loves and its anti ageing(better to prevent than to cure!). I use this every night when im not using Alpha H, it really moisturisers and makes my skin feel soft and supple.
 
Tea tree Oil
This is by far the best spot treatment I have tried and I have tried many! Most spot treatments over dry the skin which just make the spot more obvious and harder to cover, whereas this doesn't it has never made my skin dry. I use it when I see a spot coming and the next day its noticeably smaller (im serious!) http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/tea-tree/tea-tree-oil.aspx



 

 Aloe vera gel
 Another multi purpose product, and all natural. It can be used on sun burns, blemishes, scarring, allergic reactions and for dry skin as a moisturiser or a night treatment. I use this when my skin is feeling abit dry or when I've been in the sun for a long time. A must have!! and its super cheap!http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=515
 
 
La Roche-Posay Anthelios
Until recently I never wore sunscreen, which is a big no no!! No matter what the weather its important to wear a high factor spf every single day, I use this one everyday before I apply a moisturiser, I love it because its designed for sensitive skin and is free from parabans and scent free, it super light and doesn't feel greasy like a lot of sunscreens.

I don't have perfect skin but these products all help keep my sensitive skin calm and spot free. If you
decide to try any of the products I've mentioned be sure to let me know how you get on :-)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment